Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Laid Off...

...in the nature of Construction/Cabinetry, I've been laid off again.  My company experience a cancellation of several contracts so I would deeply appreciate if you could hit the tipjar to the right.  So, being conservative to me, means NOT going to the government for a handout but asking my neighbors for help.  So, please help.  I can't get unemployment because...

...when I shut down my shop in 2008, I didn't realize that being self employed, I wasn't eligible for unemployment.  I applied, and "received $5,203.00 of assistance I didn't deserve"...so, I have to "pay that back" before I can get any unemployment benefits...

...so, $1, $2...(Tip Jar is to the right @ the top of the right-hand column ------->) any little bit would help keep a roof over my head...I'll worry about August, when August comes. The hardest part is asking for help because, quite frankly, I fell like I have failed.  I have failed in the social contract to support my family.  I'd far rather have a job, but it doesn't look like that will be happening in Baltimore any time soon.  The nearest advertisement for cabinetmakers is in the 'burbs of Philly, PA and Richmond, VA.

UPDATE:  The really sad thing, is the company I worked for, kept the 2 illegal workers from Peru, instead of keeping an American.  After all, why shouldn't they?  They don't pay taxes on them in any shape or form...nor do they pay overtime.  That's what really angers me.  Why should any American company pay an American citizen, or legal resident, a living wage, when they can pay an illegal worker less than half?  I mean really?  Why bother to hire citizens, after all, we can live off of the dole, can't we?

So...I'll apply for unemployment, knowing it will "go to pay the debt" on the old claim. Hoping I can find a job this week.

No comments: