Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Congressman Dutch Ruppersberger

Over the past several years, I've tried to contact my Congressman, C. A. "Dutch" Ruppersberger.  Because I live on the edge of his district, his web site says I'm not a constiuent.  Fed up with not being able to contact my Congressman, I called his office.

After several tries, where I was hung up on three times, I finally got someone to acknowledge that I was a human being.  I spoke to a young man in the DC office, who refused to identify himself.  I believe his name is Justin Brower.  I asked him why I couldn't contact my Congressman via email, and he told be several times that according to his software I wasn't "in the District."  When I told him my voters registration card from the Supervisor of Elections for Baltimore County, Maryland said I was...but the SE of BC "must be lying, then."  Because as we all know, computers/software is never wrong.

He then asked for my email address so that he could send me a direct email address for the office.  That was 2 weeks ago...crickets...

The reason I wanted to contact the Congresscritter was because I would someday, before I die, actually collect on the disability from my military service.  I've been trying for the past 28 years to get what the VA owes me...but the VA office in Panama City, Florida screwed up the paper work so badly, that I've never been to get a dime.   So...my disability for a service connected injury was 10%...that comes to (don't know what E3 make now...or what sort of pay raised they've gotten over the past 28  years) $63 @ 336 month = $21168.00

Does anyone know how in the hell I can get some help on this?  Short of hiring a lawyer, that is.  Can't afford that.

So much for getting a Congressman to help a constiuent.

No comments: