Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Monday, January 09, 2012

The Newt vs The One...

While many of those who read this blog know, I'm not a big supporter of Newt Gingrich, because of some of his actions in the past, I do greatly admire that thus far, he's not participated in much of the GOP candidate bashing that some of the other Republican candidates have.  I do admire him for that.  He has kept in mind that the real opponent is the man who currently occupies the office of the Presidency...so, a reader who doess supports Mr. Gingrich has taken the time to gather some information on him and sent it to me...though she asks for annonyminity, I'll publish her information here with her name...
I saw your comment at DaTechGuy's blog, brought there in an Instalanche.
At first, I , too, thought that there was no one in the Republican field whom I could support. I have spent the last year or so watching Newt's speeches. I now support Newt, and I actually will be voting FOR him, enthusiastically, and not just against Obama, if Newt is the nominee in the general election.
Each of us must make up our own mind. I hope it's ok that I'm taking the liberty of sending you the links below to speeches by Newt. It took me ages to find all these speeches, wading through YouTube. So I want you to have them in one convenient place, in case you are interested. I offer these links to you in case you would like to know what there is to support about Newt.
I have been a student of Quality Improvement for many years, and I love the idea of applying Lean Six Sigma methods to create continuous improvement in government. I think Newt is right when he says that we have turned the economy around twice before, with Reagan and in 1994, and it is actually not that hard to do -- lower taxes to the "sweet spot" on the Laffer curve, simplify regulations and make them fair, make government use common sense and quite scaring our business owners half to death, and also praising people who display the work ethic and actually create jobs! I also agree that we need to enforce the 10th Amendment and send power back to local communities. I also agree with re-balancing the power among the three CO-EQUAL branches of government, and reining in the courts when they make rulings like, it's unconstitutional to say "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. I also agree that we should have an Environmental Solutions agency to replace the EPA, which most recently has been promulgating rules against dust on Iowa farms and in Arizona, and I think OSHA needs to become a helper to our builders and display some common sense for a change. 
So -- anyway, I SO agree with you about Romney and his unelectability. I think the current administration is hoping and planning for Romney to be the nominee, and they are going to run over him with a tank. That's what OWS is all about. I think Romney is all set to be overwhelmed by the money they have raised. I am infuriated by the Republican Establishment. All of the Republicans who have ignominiously lost to Democrats in recent years have now endorsed Romney!! At Conservatives4Newt I saw a comment: "The one who couldn't beat McCain has now been endorsed by the one who couldn't beat Obama!"
I hope these links turn out to be of some value to you. If you like them, having them in a list will save a lot of time.
Newt's proposals in these speeches have given me hope that we can take our country, that we love, and restore constitutionally-based rule of law with integrity, accountability and transparency (all government spending except for national security made public on line; committee meetings on C-SPAN). Newt wants to make the government responsive again to the will of the AMerican people. Newt's plans all require the active participation of the American people. Newt is trying to awaken and help focus the power and genius of the American people, as happened with Reagan. (To me, the astonishing thing has been to watch the Republican Establishment trying to destroy Newt's candidacy; including some people I would never have expected it from. What a wake-up call this has been for me.)
NEWT GINGRICH SPEECHES AND INTERVIEWS

1. Dec. 2, 2011 -- Polk County Iowa GOP dinner -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQxturElvxI

2. June, 2010 -- "MICHIGAN MUST CHANGE OR DIE" Mackinac Policy Conference - 45:51

3. Dec. 3, 2011 -- Staten Island TEA Party -- PART I, PART 2, PART 3 Q & A

4. Oct. 27, 2011 -- The College Board -- http://mrctv.org/videos/newt-gingrich-college-board-october-27-2011

with Paul Gigot and Joel Klein "The Future of American Education."
5. Nov 1, 2011 -- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF MANUFACTURERS FORUM at VERMEER CORPORATION - 18:04 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv_F2MBW_OI 
6. August 17, 2011 -- 24:57 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zedJex4vjUY "Strong America Now"

7. 2009 David Horowitz Weekend "Liberty or Death" -- http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=horowitz+%2C+newt+gingrich%2C+2009

This link takes you to parts 1 - 5 of the speech. The meaning of the 2004 election, the 2006 election, the history of the beginnings of America and the sacrifices of George Washington and other Americans. 
8. GINGRICH 21ST CENTURY CONTRACT WITH AMERICA, IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY --- OCTOBER 4, 2011 -- 14:48 -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=bi28IcZhjUE

9. SOUTH FLORIDA CONSERVATIVE ON YOUTUBE -- about 24 minutes -- September 24, 2011 -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pixfcIY88Kw (This video stops rather abruptly. I can't find a part 2 if there is one. Gingrich is speaking to conservatives in South Florida, including people with Cuban heritage.)
10. VALUES VOTERS SUMMIT -- October 26, 2011 -- 22 minutes -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uACeiQzHGnE
 
11. IOWA FAITH AND FREEDOM COALITION FALL BANQUET -- October 22, 2011 -- 27:27 minutes -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBfTtFHZtwg

So, feel free to follow the links posted here. I'm not completely comfortable with Newt...mainly because of some of his stands in the past. On the other hand, he's never really pretended to be someone or have positions that are different today from what he's said, done or supported in the past. Like many of the other candidates this time around have. On the other hand, in aa historic election that will literally change the direction this country is going in, this has to be the weakest field of candidates that the GOP has fielded in decades...I just wish a real leader had come forward in stead of the group of...idiots and morons that we have to choose from this time.

No comments: