Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Goldbrand Custom Trailers

I posted a link some time ago about a boat builder from Sweden, who lived here in the US for a while.  He caught the motorcycle touring bug and after he moved back to Sweden, decided to build his dream motorcycle touring trailer.  In his own words...
Hi my name is Tony Guldbrand and I live in Sweden and are currently riding a 1999 GL 1500 Goldwing. I get the question WHY in regard to my trailer, Why have a trailer behind the bike? Well the idea for the camper was born back in 1991 when I was in Snyder TX, USA. I bought my first Goldwing in Lubbok TX. a maroon GL 1100 1980. I had only race bikes until then, but when my wife and I was going to FL on a motorcycle the Honda CB 900 was NOT an option. I soon found out after buing the Goldwing, that the packing space on the bike was NOT only for me, the wife found out real soon that she could pack A LOT OF THINGS, so we needed more packing space. Due to our job back then in Yachting the trailer had to wait but the idea was born.

Basically, he's taken his boatbuilding skills and applied them to his trailer.  It's a great little vehicle.  It has a small electrical motor to raise it and lower it.  I has a double bed..and a great deal of room in a very small package.




Here's an interior view, this folds down into a double bed...there's storage beneath the benches:


Planned features INCLUDED in the target weight of 100kg (220 lbs) is.
  • Wheels
  • Axle
  • Lights
  • Hardwere like hinges, doorhandle, nuts and bolts, electrical wiring, interrior lights, switches, vents
  • Hydraulic or pnumatic "expanding" with manual override feature
  • 12 Volt Battery
  • Toilet with foldable hardwalls that will be automaticly raised with the rest of the walls and roof, custom cabinet in "bathroom" with mirror and make up lights for the lady :-)
  • 12 volt floor heating
  • 1 table inside that will be used as support for bed at night
  • 1 outside table that will be intergrated in wall and folded down when needed with custom downlight to light up table. Table is NOT movable to "eat" 20' away from the camper. ALL due to wheight saving.
  • 1 dvd/tv approx 10'' display that can be vieved outside OR inside without moving it. Uniqe solution is planned.
  • MP3 player
  • AM/FM radio with 2 speakers used either with tv, radio or MP3 player.
  • A safe just inside the door for wallet, keys, mobilephone etc.
  • Under the safe there will be shelves for shoes, just to get them of the floor. 3-5 pair
  • Refridgirator with a freezer. The fridge can be acessed from the outside and the inside. I want to be able to get my breakfast easy while allready sitting down outside
  • Overhead cabinets with curtains behind to cover windows, front and back in camper
  • Outside showerhead (just to get that road grime off and to wash my hair) I can either carry 1-2 gallons of water with me or fill it from a lake once I arrive on site. It all depends on how much extra weight I want to haul around. It adds up fast :-( some way of heating the water is in planning stage. propane/12 volt, candles, solarpower???
  • Showercurtain with removable "bracket"
  • Slide out stove on the side of the trailer with drawer for silverwere, plates, glasses etc.
  • Enough plates, glasses, cups, cutlery, pots for 2 people (possible 4 people)
  • 2 chairs (possible 4) to be stored under the trailer, double floor so the chairs don't get dirty
  • skylight (bigger than on #2)
  • Storage in the front "wind deflector" for helmets, leather and boots. I might install a 110-230 volt dryer to dry wet clothes. depends on wheight. In any case I want to store "BIG" clothes outside the trailer.
  • Cabinet with 3-5 drawers for clothes
  • Hamper
  • Trash can
  • The interrior is going to have a luxury feeling. I have built many "yacht interiors" that are low weight so I want the same in the camper.
  • under bed storage that can be accesed from the outside too so the bed can be made even if something is needed, central locking on outside doors
  • Burglar alarm with battery backup.
  • 8-12 support legs under the camper. I'm looking in to making them hydraulic due to weight. Regular "legs/jacks" are to heavy
  • Matress 130-140 cm (51-55'') x 2-2,10 meters (78-82'')
  • Linnen, pillows
I've been talking to the owner for a couple of years now...if I could get enough interest, I'd liscense build his design here...so let me know if you're interested.

Here's his web site Goldbrand Trailers.  and Facebook page...both have a large number of pictures of all three of his prototypes.

No comments: