Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Waiting...

The Waiting...it was very early in the morning when I started writing this.  Didn't know how to say what I wanted to say.  I've been up most of of a long and sleepless night with...the waiting...

You see, my wife is going to have cancer surgery again. Hopefully, the third time pays all. So I sit here, listening to the clock tick for the seconds to pass by and merge into minutes, finally to hours. Waiting for the time to leave for the hospital...the waiting...

The worst part of all this is feeling helpless as my wife goes through an ordeal I can do nothing about...as we wait for the surgeon's sharp knife to descend...the waiting...

Hoping that finally, this will be the last time, while the bills roll in and not much left for them...the waiting...

Wishing it were me instead, but knowing that the world isn't how I'd wish it to be, but how G-d, B''H, intends...the waiting...

No comments: