Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Friday, July 01, 2011

Getting High...

I've long since given upon the practice of "getting high" (smoking pot), but every once in a while...after I've consumed far more alcohol, than is good for me..and listening to the "tunes of my mispent youth," I often miss " blowing a J..." I guess what I'm saying is that perhaps "the war on drugs....." has been, not just a waste of time and money but...a waste of money.



YES is often the band that reminds me WHY I used to get really high and...listen to music...I mean REALLY LISTEN TO MUSIC...



I dont' do drugs...and haven't in more than a decade...but when I was young 'and stupid', I used to smoke a great of majuana...and (holy shit) litsten to or go to concerts...but, lately...as I've gotten older (ok  much older), I've often wondered if we've not fucked up and losat sight of just what is going on in the world.

As a classically trained musician (I played flute--Ian Anderson was my hero) and "mallets" (tonal percussion), I am a HUGE fan of YES, Emmerson, Lake & Palmer, and the other "prog-rock" bands (King  Crimson, etc....).  As, I've aged (yes, we old rockers DO GET OLDER MOTHERFUKER!!@!!), I've begun to question where  the ban on smoking pot is...right or not.  I love rock and roll...and  listen to the radio all day long (Thanks Jack RM---102.7 FM Baltimre)...but...is the total ban on smoking marijuanna right?  seriously...

Listenting to to Drama (YES, 1981?) and...consuming far more alcohol than I should...I question if we've done the right thing.....

Response?

All of this of course is throught the filtur of...age...Listening to song of my youth...from bands that I saw...live...and wondering just what they'd be like today...



or,



or,



and, no, I'm neither"trooper"...or a "generator"...I'm a yes fan fan, in ALL of their incarnations...I saw them live in Tallahassee, Florida a couple of decades ago..as well as Atlanta...in the round...I'm just glad that they've found a vocalist that can do what I never could...sing Jon Anderson note perfect...Thank you David Benoit....!!@!~!!!! you've done what I never could...

No comments: