Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tommy Roe: Sweet Pea



Here's the girl in the video...

Itsmewithroe

1 day ago Actually, Tommy Roe was lip singing. We could hear the recording, and he was whispering. Even he was strumming his guitar, but it was a quiet strum. We were all told to sing the song along with him. If I had known the camera was on me all that time, I would have been so embarrassed. I thought the camera was on everyone.

Itsmewithroe 1 day ago Itsmewithroe
1 day ago No. That's not his daughter. the blond in the back, she had a blue & white sailor type 2 piece bathing suit. Tommy Roe had no children. I remember now. It was the summer of 67. I've been talking about that day all my life. I was in ecstasy. I never knew the camera was on me. The producer/director, who ever he was, stage the girls behind me in position. I wonder if I could upload my pictures when I was a kid on this site.

Itsmewithroe 1 day ago bvb7589
1 day ago @tyson55 That's his daughter

bvb7589 1 day ago Itsmewithroe
1 day ago I was the little girl. It was the summer of 66 or 67. It was on Santa Monica beach. I was playing on the other side of the pier when my older sister got me. She asked me if I wanted to be in a movie. When she brought me to the other side of the pier, I was asked to sit next to Tommy Roe. My sister was sitting on the other side of him. the other girls were already there behind Roe. At the time, it was the greatest moment in my life. I was only 13, and I felt he was only singing to me.
via Ann Althouse

UPDATE-EDIT:  The original video has been removed...I've replaced the HTML code with that of the You-Tube post, from the comments.  Thanks for the info Heather!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you were a very cute 13 year old, what do you look like now and have you every been in contact with Tommy Roe after that?

Rich Vail said...

It's not me Tim...it's the woman in the quote. I merely found it amusing, that she'd discovered the video after all this time.