Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Health Care Reform: A Question for Congress

I have sent this same basic email to several sites of the past couple of days. I have yet to have a simple basic question answered by anyone. It is a question that I firmly believe is important and fundamental to the health care debate. Here is a copy of a letter I sent to my Congressman, John Sarbanes, D MD. I have yet to receive a reasonable answer.

"Dear Mr. Sarbanes,
I would like you, personally, to answer one simple question:

If HB 3200 is such a good bill for this country, WHY is/are Congress, the President, VP, and all federal employees specifically exempt from the provisions of this bill?

After all, if it is good enough for the rest of us, it SHOULD be good enough for you, your family, Congress, the President and all federal employees.

Richard A. Vail"


I would genuinely, like to get a reasoned answer to this question. It's not one I've seen asked, or answered. Because, I sure can't seem to get one anywhere else. Thank you for your assistance, I just keep hitting a stone wall.

No comments: