Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Friday, August 12, 2011

Voter's Remorse: Bill McClellan Edition

Bill McClellan, a journalist with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has finally achieved voter remorse...in his column today, "I should have picked Hillary over Obama,"  he finally fesses up...
I was splashing around in Lake Michigan last week when the realization hit me like a wave — I was wrong about Barack Obama. I should have voted for Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary three years ago.

At the time of the primary, the decision seemed easy. I saw in Obama the same qualities Jack Kerouac saw in Dean Moriarty in "On the Road." He was 'something new, long prophesied, long a-coming."

Hillary was not new. She represented the second act of "Billary," and I had tired of that play long before it ended its eight-year run.

So I voted for Obama in the primary and then again in the general election. I even left the election night party at the Pageant — a party with an open bar and filled with state legislators, union guys and other acquaintances — to go to the Chase Park Plaza, where the Obama people were celebrating. I knew almost nobody at that second party, but I was there when the networks declared that Obama was the next president. People cried and hugged. I got teary myself. A black president. The times they are a-changing.

Indeed. They keep getting worse.
Unfortunately, for millions of people who didn't vote for Mr. Obama, we saw all those things that many are just now noticing.  This man is unfit to sit as President of the United States.  It's not about racism, I don't give a damn where you, or your ancestors came from, all I care about is that you are either citizen, or legal resident.  If you are neither, then you don't belong here, and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.  Any one employing you should lose their business liscense and be fined as well, if not jailed.  That being said, I believe that Mr. Obama is a legal citizen of the United States.  But that's the only qualification he has for the office he holds.

The media was so in love with the idea of electing the "first black president" that they failed miserably in thier constitutional mandate to fully vet all of the candidates.  They have invested themselves in the success of this president, that his failure fully resides with them, the media.  By not doing their jobs, and asking Mr. Obama any of the difficult questions, the horrendous vetting that they imposed upon all of the other candidates, excepting John Edwards, who is now being prosecuted for his alleged crimes, they have lost credibility with voters at large.  Below is my response to his article above.
Dear Mr. McClellan,

I'm glad to see that you have "voter's remorse" over your choice for President in 2008. Many of us tried, and tried to tell people like yourself that Mr. Obama was unfit to be president...none of you listened and now we have to pay the price.

My business too failed. Chisel & Plane was a small cabinet shop in Pikesville, Maryland, just outside of Baltimore city. Most of my neighbors drank the Kool-Aide and voted for Mr. Obama as well. Several have since told me that I was right...unfortunately, it's too late for thousands of businesses.

Hopefully, you'll go against the media's bias and begin to actually ask some of those difficult questions that the media has so far refused to ask. Where is the transparency Mr. Obama promised? He claims to have all sorts of plans, yet absolutely refuses to produce them. why? I hope that you have learned from your mistake. I know that I'm paying for it. I lost my business, my home and nearly my marriage to this depression we're suffering from. Perhaps, you too will be hurt...but I doubt it.

The time has come for our government to start living within it's means and not spending money we don't have. Since 2007, when the Democratic Party took control of Congress, and produced Mr. Bush's largest deficit, some $400 million dollars that year, Democratic control has added nearly $5,000,000,000,000.00 to the debt, that's 1/3rd of the total. It took us some 230 years to produce the rest, but only 4 years to add that much. Spending must be curbed, Keynesian economics has clearly failed.

The time of huge deficits is over. Our great grand children will be paying for our selfishness, to their dismay. The historian that once I was, laments this fact. You have a voice, and a bully pulpit, I hope that you'll use it wisely, though I suspect not.

Sincerely,
Richard A. Vail
Pikesville, Maryland

"The task of weaning various people and groups from the national nipple will not be easy. The sound of whines, bawls, screams and invective will fill the air as the agony of withdrawal pangs finds voice." -Linda Bowles

No comments: