Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Monday, May 16, 2011

Why NOT Newt?

Well, that's actually pretty easy.  Here's the first reason,



Then there's the divorces, cheating on his wives, having resigned from Congress, and DeDe Scozafava...its a long list, but basically, he's far too flawed.  I'd like to see Paul Ryan run, failing that I'll support Herman Cain, because he has the sense NOT to flame out in a debate by answering stupidly. 
Ever since the South Carolina Republican presidential debate, reporters have continued to challenge me for not having a specific plan for our nation’s involvement in Afghanistan. They continue to think that if you are running for president then you must have an answer for everything. I don’t! A real leader has the right questions for everything.

When asked about what I would do about our involvement in the war in Afghanistan during the debate, I answered by asking the questions that should have been asked before we got involved many years ago. What is our mission? How does it serve our interest? Is there a path to victory? If not, then what is our exit strategy?

I ask these questions instead of “shooting from the lip” because there is obviously a lot of classified information to which I do not have access. There are dozens of experts and military leaders I would need advice from before I could make an informed decision about a real clear plan for the USA’s involvement in Afghanistan. Similarly, a real clear strategy for every country with which we have relationships would be developed, regardless of whether or not we are involved in a military conflict.
At least he has the sense to know what he doesn't know, and say so.  I don't expect my president to have all the answers to every question, problem.  But I do expect him to lead, and not from behind as our current one has taken to doing.  It's going to take a while for Mr. Cain's candidacy to take off...because the MSM is basically ignoring him.  After all, they can't call him a racist.  Jim Treacher has this to  say about him,
The more I listen to Herman Cain, the more I like him. Which I guess only counts if you think likability is a factor in electing a president. And, being of a mischievous mind, I can just imagine how he’d confound the race-obsessed left as an opponent. “Holy crap, what do we do? This guy is so black, he makes Obama look like Edgar Winter’s bloodless corpse half-buried in a snowbank. Begin Operation: Clarence Thomas!”

Because that’s all they can see. They can’t fathom that people could actually be drawn to Cain by who he is and what he says, not which box he checks under “Race.” It might actually be about… oh, what was that thing called? Oh yeah: the content of his character.
We'll see what happens.  But I won't support Newt, not for any reason.

UPDATE, the 1st:  Via Allahpundit  "If you thought the Foxies might go easy on one of their own (former) contributors, think again."  Here's Charles Krauthammer on Newt:



and Brit Hume:
I'd say, that unless Newt can come up with some serious reasons why We The People should take him seriously...he's finished.
HatTip:  The Blog Father, Instapundit

No comments: