- In 1952 President Truman established one day a year as a "National Day of Prayer."
- In 1988 President Reagan designated the First Thursday in May of each year as the National Day of Prayer.
- In June 2007 (then) Presidential Candidate Barack Obama declared that the USA "Was no longer a Christian nation."
- This year (actually, 2009) President Obama canceled the 21st annual National Day of Prayer ceremony at the White House under the ruse Of "not wanting to offend anyone.
The direction this country is headed should strike fear in the heart of every Christian, especially knowing that the Muslim religion believes that if Christians cannot beconverted, they should be annihilated.
- On September 25, 2009 from 4 AM until 7 PM, a National Day of Prayer FOR THE MUSLIM RELIGION was Held on Capitol Hill, Beside the White House There were over 50,000 Muslims in D.C. that day. HE PRAYS WITH THE MUSLIMS! I guess it doesn't matter if "Christians" are offended by this event - We obviously don't count as "anyone" anymore.
This is not a Rumor Go to the website to confirm this info: http://www.islamoncapitolhill.com/While I'm not personally, a Christian, this country was founded by very religious men and women who established the concept of religious freedom for all those who would come here. Our Constitution and laws are based upon the Christo-Judaic ethic of Western civilization. To believe otherwise is to fly in the face of 403 years of American history. Mr. Obama's appeasement of a religion that only recognizes strength...not appeasement, and Mr. Obama is appeasement of Muslims will not work...they will only demand more and more. Calls for Sharia to be enforced from coast to coast have already begun...
The words of 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, Who are called by my Name,Will humble themselves And pray, And seek my face, and Turn from their Wicked ways, Then will I hear from Heaven And will forgive their Sin and will heal Their land."