1. Eliminate the Fed Dept of Education (it has failed to meet any of the goals set for when founded). Education is a state matter, not a Federal one.If we could do this, we would be able to begin paying off the debt within 4 years...but our political class consists of cowards, rogues and thieves. They don't have the will to make the tough decisions that are required to save our Republic. We have just about run out of other people's money. It's time to face facts, we've been borrowing from our great grand children for more than 70 years. They're going to demand payback very soon. What can't go on, won't...
2. Eliminate the TSA. Turn over airport security to the airlines. Make them liable (in civil court) for ANY terrorist acts that occur on their airlines.
3. Eliminate Dept of Homeland Security.
4. Eliminate the Dept off HHS
5. Eliminate Dept of HUD
6. Cut back ALL Federal spending by 25% (40% would be better...that's how much the Dem's racheted it up after they took control of Congress in 2006).
7. Pass a Balanced Budget Amendment to the US Constitution.
8. Repeal ObamaCare...government doesn NOTHING efficiently...and this act has already increased the costs of health care by 25%.
9. Have 37 states pass an amendment to the US Constition requiring ALL laws passed by Congress to APPLY to Congress (no more exemptions)
10. Eliminate ALL exemptions from the tax code. Pass a flat tax for ALL individuals AND businesses. No more subsidies for "green jobs" or oil companies or...the auto industry.
11. Eliminate ALL government subsidies to business and agriculture.
Monday, March 04, 2013
Here's a few ideas I had on how to fix the budget issues that are now facing America.. They're fairly basic, but they would eliminate the deficit AND allow us to start paying back our grandchilren's legacy that we've stolen from them.