- Every day, the U.S. government takes in $6 billion and spends $10 billion. This means that every day the federal government spends $4 billion more dollars than it has.
- The real unemployment rate is a jaw-dropping 11 percent.
- Every fifth man you pass on your way to work is now out of work.
- College graduates are now 34% less likely to find a job under Obama than they were under President George W. Bush.
- Every seventh person you pass on the sidewalk now relies on food stamps.
- The ravages of the Obama economy now mean that more Americans live under the federal poverty line than at any time in U.S. history since records have been kept.
- Under President Barack Obama, every fifth child in America now lives in poverty.
It's time for a change...but those choices we have so far in the GOP primary process aren't the ones that can do the job. Here's a comment I mad on Powerlineblog's endorsement of Mitt Romney:
John, despite your endorsement…Romeny ISN’T electable. He’s not won an election of any sort since he narrowly won the gubenatorial election in Massachusetts. He chose not to run for reelection because he would have been solidly defeated, just as he was soundly defeated by an even worse candidate in 2008 named John McCain. As the GOP “elite’s” chosen “front runner” he wouldn’t represent those of the base.I believe that choosing Mitt Romney will be just as disasterous for the Country as it was for the Party to choose John McCain in 2008. Once the Chicago political machine gets in gear...they will tear Romney a new asshole and we will in fact have 4 more disasterous years of "Hope & Change" that will be so bad, I don't think we'll be able to repair the damage that man can and will do to the fabric of our great Republic.
He has soundly rejected the Tea Party movement and what that movement stands for. He’s a big government Republican…and those have just about ruined our party. He can only be called a “conservative” in Massachusetts…his continual flip-flopping, and defacto support of universal health care are repugnant to the principles upon which the Republican Party stands…as does his “big government” beliefs. This man are only marginally a Republican anywhere outside of California (which has ZERO chance of winning in the general election) or New England…which hasn’t gone Republican since Reagan.
Unfortunately for our party, the best candidates have chosen not to run…when we needed real leadership, we’ve gotten Romney and Newt or Paul…who will be just as disasterous as G. W. Bush (whom, while I greatly admire him personally, his “Big Government” policies have helped drive us to the brink of economic disaster).
It’s time for a change all right, but Romney’s not it. He’s more of “go along to get along…” that’s been the hallmark of the GOP Congressional Leadership & “elites.”…their “good intentions” have paved the way to economic hell.
I’ll choose someone else…Mickey Mouse, perhaps, he couldn’t do any worse than our “elite leadership” already has…