- "Whatever we once were, we're no longer a Christian nation."
- "America does not presume to know what is best for everyone"
- "As a student of history, I also know civilization's debt to Islam."
- "In America, there's a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world."
- "The United States is still working through some of our own darker periods in our history."
- "Too often, the United States has not pursued and sustained engagement with our neighbors."
- "The United States will be willing to acknowledge past errors where those errors have been made."
- "We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent."
- "Our country still struggles with the legacies of slavery and segregation, the past treatment of Native Americans."
- "The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person...."
- "Islam is not part of the problem in combating violent extremism - it is an important part of promoting peace."
- "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."
- "Small towns cling to guns or religion" ...
- “There are things that you can do individually though to save energy. Making sure your tires are properly inflated, simple thing, but we could save all the oil that they're talking about getting off drilling, if everybody was just inflating their tires and getting regular tune-ups. You could actually save just as much."
- “Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it.”
- "Our founders, Marx and Engels, believed that parasitic government was endowed with unalienable rights to regulate life, ration liberty, and dispense happiness - and in order to secure these rights, government must rationilize what's best for the governed. We must redistribute their property and indoctrinate their children.
Saturday, August 20, 2011
You just can't make this stuff up. Here are some memorable quotes by The One: