THE CARE BILL HB3200
- Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.
- Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts.
- Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the government) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN).
- Page 203/line 14-15: The tax imposed under this section will not be treated as a tax. (How could anybody in their right mind come up with that?)
- Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees.
- Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age.
- Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an exception.
- Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five years. (Death counseling..)
- Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order.
"Finally, it is specifically stated that this bill will not apply to members of Congress. Members of Congress are already exempt from the Social Security system, and have a well-funded private plan that covers their retirement needs. If they were on our Social Security plan, I believe they would find a very quick 'fix' to make the plan financially sound for their future." Honorable David Kithil Marble Falls, TexasThey had to pass it before we could find out what was in it, said Nancy Pelosi, former Speaker of the House. We keep finding loathsome provisions in this bill. I suspect that repeal will easily pass through the House, as it did a week or so ago...and may very well pass through the Senate. After all, there are 23 Democratic Senators who are up for re-election next year. ALL of those Senators voted to pass this bill. Many are up for a very tough reelection fight. After all, if Russ Feingold, a Senator from Wisconsin, one of the most liberal states of the union can be defeated over his vote on this...pretty much all of them can be.
Obama, will veto it...but it may very well be passed over his veto...