Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Jerry Brown's Use of the Word "Whore"

Kirsten Powers wrote an interesting peice in the Daily Beast on mysogony and the liberal left's automatic pass they have given to the Democratic Candidate for governor in California.  Mr. Brown, in a taped phone conference, decided to target Meg Whitman, his GOP challenger as a "whore."  To crown the hypocisy of the liberal response, the National Organization for Women has endorsed Mr. Brown.  Here are my comments to this article in response to Austinite:
It's been pretty well established that mysoginistic attacks are only permitted when the target is a Republican/Conservative. However, if the target is a liberal/Democrat, then of course the media goes batshit crazy. Political Correctness is pushing our country over the edge into the realm of sheer idiocy.


An excellent example is the NOW endorsement of Mr. Brown...

I grew up in the deep south...and personally find the word "nigger" distasteful because of the very negative cultural connotations that have become attached to it...but I find equally distateful, when American blacks use the word to each other...if it's politically incorrect for me to use it then...

So, when a Liberal politician wants to adopt a strategy of calling his female GOP opponent a "whore" WHY is NOW endorsing him? If this organization was truly about women's rights, they should be screaming at Mr. Brown for his stupidity...but because he has the "correct" politics...he gets a pass. This is why that national media is losing so much ground to the internet, because of how they choose to cover stories.

I strongly suspect that my comments won't make it past the censors here...but I'll post them and a link back to this article on my blog The Vail Spot.

Thanks for allowing me to opportunity to put in my two cents.

Rich Vail,
Pikesville, MD
I'm not a big fan of the Daily Beast, but I applaud them for posting Ms. Powers column.  Every now and again, they do surprise me, which is why I still check the site every now and again for what is being said.

No comments: