Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

"Peaceful Demonstrators" of the Mavi Marmara

Here is video of the "peaceful demonstrators" of the MV Mavi Marmara. I don't know what you think, but after having seen this video, I'm surprised that the Isreali's didn't shoot far more. As a former US Marine, I personally wouldn't take kindly to being beaten with iron bars. But then, the Isreali's only took pistols when they boarded the vessel. I would have taken assault rifles, myself....and when the "peaceful deomonstrators" began to attack the boarding party, I would have used suppressive fire from the helicopters...to eliminate the threat posed by those "peaceful demonstrators."



This video is about 20 seconds longer...



...and this one is longer still and filmed from above the vessel...



The restraint shown by the Isreali's under the circumstances is remarkable. I personally wouldn't have sent troops in like that. At the least, I would have dropped tear gass cannisters to blanket the upper decks and clear them, or used automatic weapons to clear them more permanently.

No comments: