5. Bruce SteinWhat do ya'll think?
Yes, it has been clear for quite some time that “subversive elements” are trying to discredit, marginalize, and attempt to portray as fringe: Tea Party. Keeping in mind that the best way to sell “a million books” is to get eg: president, pope, big leader: to ban it The Tea Party, New freedom Party, or whatever must define a set of principles and constitutional amendments that define it.
Constitutional amendments outline:
1) If you are on the “government dole”; you can not vote until one full election cycle after you are off the dole. [This one, I can agree with, but it does seriously impinge upon 1st amendment rights]
2) Islime [sic] is primarily a hostile subversive political movement whose Mosques should be viewed as terrorist recruitment centers and traitorous entities; and should be closed. No burqa or similar female garment should be legal since it should be presumed that women are forced to wear them and say they like it under threat of death: honor killing. [not sure I can agree with this one]
3) No war is legal, and no American can be forced to go or remain in an battle zone, unless the war strategy is “unmercifully crush all areas accommodating the enemy until unconditional surrender”; any political correctness, leniency, or less than crushing assault by the leaders in executing a war should be a criminal offence and any recognized group should be able to go to court to guarantee we are not reading rights to terrorists on the battle field. [don't agree with this one either though it does have a good point that if we do have to go to war...we should do so with all the fury we have at our disposal]
4) No prisoner of war, or enemy combatant, has any constitutional rights. [I fully agree with this one, because POW's are protected by the Geneva Conventions...while EC's are not, and therefore have no rights at all]
5) The federal government can only be funded by a progressive national sales tax; withholding tax is from now on unconstitutional. The higher the luxury, the higher the tax. Grocery store purchased meat, fruit, vegetables, prescription drugs et al exempt. [I agree with this one too]
6) No former member (or spouse) of the executive or legislative branch may ever represent a foreign government directly or indirectly. [this is hugely important, as it has become de rigour for our political elites source of income after they "retire" from public office.]
7) Until 2060 or 50 years, no former employees/owners of: banks, weapons manufacturer, Wall Street, drug companies may run for congress or president. [I have to strongly disagree with this one. It also impinges upon 1st amendment rights]
Having lost the war on drugs, it is now perceived as the lesser of evils to tax and effectively regulate drugs in order to break the underground drug world that threatens national security not just from drugs but by the existing drug network that is exploited by terrorists.9) Having won the war on racism; affirmative action in any form is illegal. [YOP!]
10) Freedom of speech is to be protected.
11) The right of adult non–felons (violent misdemeanors excluded) to own guns is absolute. [Not sure if I agree with this one...I would say non-violent felons because if you get convicted of drunk driving...you lose your 2nd amendment rights as well]
12) The federal government can not enforce by any means unfunded mandates on the states, and any provision of law that attempts to create or cause to exist an unfunded mandate is not enforceable. [this one is very important as Congress tends to force the states to pay for things the states neither want, nor can afford to pay for.]
13) The USA is to use all natural resources to become energy independent. No oil from the mid-east can be imported after 2018. No environmental tax can be added to energy cost; coal is to be used and the EPA can not regulate coal beyond 2005 standards. [I agree, but at the same time, as neither oil, coal nor nuclear power is limitless, we must research alternative sources of power as well.]
14) The states have the final say on which of their states’ natural resources can be developed, no federal designation of any kind can prevent a state from exploiting its natural resources as it sees fit.
15) Journalist appearing on TV/cable “news” must be licensed and certified in the fields they cover. Mis-representing the facts is a lose your license offence which effectively means “the hook”! [nope, 1st amendment rights here.]
16) The Supreme Court must investigate (and make completely public all findings) persons running for president to certify their eligibility. Two no votes out of nine is enough to disqualify; any doubt, the answer is no. If they are wrong impeach them. [no again, the FEC is supposed to do this]
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
I found this in the comments of PJM column of Bob Owens, Bruce makes some very good points, but on others, really tosses the baby out with the bath water. My comments are italicised and in brackets