Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Friday, March 12, 2010

Yes, Machine Messiah



I've been a Yes fan since one of my older brothers gave me copy of Fragile in 1973 or '74.  Drama, or what I've always called "heavy metal Yes" has been my favorite album by the band for 30 years.  This song is by far my favorite of all the tunes this band has recorded.  I've seen them several times over the past 36 years, once driving from Panama City, Florida (my home town) down to Lakeland, southeast of Tampa, an 8 hour drive.  That was in 1977 or 78 on the Tormato tour. 

Unfortunately, when the Drama tour in 1980-1 was on, they came no where near where I lived.  That was really disappointing.  When they were here last year, the economy had already gone south and I just couldn't afford to buy tickets.  I've always disliked how Rick Wakeman and Jon Anderson have refused to sing/play songs they didn't write, so I've never had the privledge of seeing any of the songs from Relayer or Drama live until the advent of the Youtube age.

No comments: