Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Obama's "i" Count

from instapundit.com:

Others have probably done this already, but I just ran these numbers:


Obama SOTU 2010 First Person Singular Pronoun Count

I – 96 times
me – 8 times

Bush SOTU 2008 First Person Singular Pronoun Count

I – 39 times
me – 2 times

Think this may wind up correlating to their relative contributions to the national debt, when all is said and done?

2 comments:

Mr. W said...

very interesting observation there. I think I will bring this one up as a topic of conversation tomorrow at lunch.

BTW, nice blog.

Rich Vail said...

Thank you, please come back from time to time.

Rich