Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Thursday, November 19, 2009

2012: Obama May Not Run For Reelection?

In an interview with CNN (is that one of the "good" networks?) Mr. Obama said, and I quote:
"You know, if - if I feel like I've made the very best decisions for the American people and three years from now I look at it and, you know, my poll numbers are in the tank and because we've gone through these wrenching changes, you know, politically, I'm in a tough spot, I'll - I'll feel all right about myself," Obama told CNN's Ed Henry.

"I said to myself very early on, even when I started running for office, I don't want to be making decisions based on getting re-elected, because I think the challenges that America faces right now are so significant," the president also said.

"Obviously, if I make those decisions and I think that I'm moving the country on the right direction economically, in terms of our security interests, our foreign policy, I'd like to think that those policies are continued because they're not going to bear fruit just in four years."
One can only hope that his numbers will tank so badly that he goes the route Lyndon Johnson went...and DOESN'T seek reelection. On the other hand, this man is as arrogant as Jimmy Carter who references his historic defeat by Ronald Reagan as being "retired from office" instead of admitting he was kicked out on his bum. I doubt seriously that Mr. Obama will take the voluntary route. I suspect that it will take his being thumped at the polls before he leaves office.

No comments: