Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pelosi Unveils New House Health Care Seizure Bill

Nancy Pelosi, for now, Speaker of the House of Representatives, has unveiled the new House Bill that will seize control of health care in the United States of America. All 2,000+ pages of it. Over the next few weeks I'll attempt to wade through it and post my analysis of it. It's not yet available online, when I discover where Ms. Pelosi, et al, have hidden it, I'll post that link as well.

Officially, it's supposed to be "deficit nuetral", but of course the CBO only analyses what it's told to analyse. What's missing from bill already, is a $250,000,000,000.00 deduction for Medicare costs that the Senate voted down last week. There are other smoke and mirror provisions as well, to the tune of $300,000,000,000.00 so far...but I've not pinned them down yet. I'll let you know what I find, when I find it.

No comments: