Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Sunday, September 20, 2009

The 28th Amendment to the US Constitution

The other day, an older gentleman came into the restaurant I work in and I struck up a conversation (I do that quite often. I try and speak to every "table" in my restaurant at some point during their meal). In the course of talking I mentioned that I'd posted a suggestion for an amendment to the US Constitution. During the course of his meal...I ended up talking to him for more than an hour, on and off (I did have to work) we argued back and forth and up and down. When it was all said and done, I had his email address and sent him my proposal. Scroll down for my original post, or just read here.

A Simple Proposal

I hereby propose the following as the 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution.

1. No citizen of the United States shall be elected to the House of Representatives to more than four (4) consecutive, two (2) year terms to office.

2. No citizen of the United States shall be elected to the United States Senate for more than two (2) consecutive, six (6) year terms of office.

3. No citizen of the United States shall receive any retirement benefits from serving in either the United States House of Representatives or the United States Senate.

4. Congress shall not exempt itself from any laws of the United States of America, in whole or in part.


Here is it...the gentleman's name? J. P. Bender, an interesting man who does some writing on his own...to read more of this work, hit the title for a link to his home site, or cut and paste this:

http://searchwarp.com/

Whether or not you like his writing, at least he made you think...thanks for coming.

No comments: